Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cooking Fun

I had dinner w/ my friend Katie and her adorable 3 month baby girl, Scout (name from "To Kill a Mockingbird"), last night. I loved it! I got to coo over the little darling, but as soon as I felt the vibration on her butt and realized what she was up to, I sent her back to her mommy! Isn't she precious?? Sometimes I worry that I'm just not maternal or meant to be a mom because I really have no interest in it all right now, but I did get a little tingly in like 10% of my body when I holding her. Maybe someday....



Growing up in California, I totally never knew how gorgeous trees could be when the seasons change. Wow! I took these while driving on Monday. But no worries my California family, I would trade pretty fall trees in a second, to be there in California with you!!




I baked bread on Sunday to go w/ Shawn and I's Italian. Well, I used my bread machine on fast bake because I only had a couple hours until dinner. I found out what happens when you use regular yeast instead of the fast rising yeast. Yowsers! It still tasted good.....










I had my 3rd cake decorating class on Monday night. I love taking the class! Shout out to Amanda for suggestion! We didn't actually decorate a cake this time...just practiced on our boards. I had to share this clown! Ok...I admit I have a weakness w/ icing (thanx a lot mom for sharing that little graham cracker w/ icing treat when I was little), but even I, could not stomach looking at this big glob clown! Ugh! But for a little kid...I guess it might be Heaven! Hmm...looks kinda the clown coming up from the drain in IT, Shawn??!! And here are my pirty little flowers we learned! We are bringing a cake next week..I can't wait to show off my new creation!







BTW, for all my friends complaining about their 90 degree weather in November, think about it...it could say this on the temp. reading at 4:00 in the afternoon!!



I think I'm going to go take that nap now! xoxo, Jill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Banchee Warrior. LMAO. Awesome analogy. I seriously LOL. That may have been my favorite part of your post.

And now I apologize for my 90 degree weather rant the last two days, but honestly how else are we supposed to wear our cute fall clothes!

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

Wow so much going on. I kinda liked the clown. He would look really cute on top of a cake. The bread looked pretty good as well.

Followers