Sunday, November 16, 2008

The first one...

Ok, so I feel like a total dork. But I enjoy reading Stacie, Shawn, and Connie's blogs, so I thought I'd try it myself Thanks to Stacie for convincing me! Besides, there are many of reading this on the other sides of the country and I know I don't call enough (yes mom!) so maybe this will help keep you up to date on what's going on here.

I just have to make a comment about the South. They believe that they are so "moral" here and have such "high values" because they don't allow alcohol purchases on Sundays. But what's the difference in buying it Saturday night or Sunday? Either way they're planning to get drunk on Sunday during Nascar anyways. TIG (for those of you haven't heard me use this reference, TIG stands for "This is Georgia"...You'll probably see me write about that a lot here....) Thanks to Shawn and Devon for thinking it up!

I'm so excited about my new learning endeavor. On advice from Dr. Laura (how cliche is my shrink's name!), I've signed up to learn some new things. So far, I've been taking cake decorating class on Mondays, which is super cool. Concentrating on that for 2 hours really releases stress! So far I've made one cake...not great...but I'll be practicing a lot in the next few weeks! For this one, I kinda ran out of blue icing. I must have mismeasured :-) All the icing is from scratch. It's to die from good, literally. There are enough crisco bars and confectioners sugar in the recipe to clog 100 arteries!



I have this kick ass tool kit. It has so many cool decorating tools in it....



This week in class, we are not actually decorating a cake. We're practicing on these practice boards....very cool...you just put the paper model under the plastic, decorate on top, and wah lah, scrape the icing back into the dish. Then repeat...a million times :-) We will be working on "THE wilton rose." It's supposed to be the highlight of decorating class. We'll see how mine turn out :-)



I really have to go and rewrite lesson plans now. I missed W-F of work last week with a bronchial infection and bronchitis. I've never missed that many days of work in a row being sick! But I'm feeling better now...thank goodness! Teaching while coughing and without a voice is torture! xoxo, Jill (YES, I know I stole that from Gossip Girls, which I absolutely love!)












3 comments:

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

Nice job will be looking forward to reading how everything is going.

Anonymous said...

See! So easy! I'm proud of you for blogging it up! I like your cake too, I can't believe you made the frosting from scratch. I'm sure it tastes incredible.

Anonymous said...

you ROCK!! I miss you so much - I am so glad to stalk you from California...
Cheers,
Jenni Love

Followers